1. Identifiable: The segment should be easy to define and to measure.
2. Sizable: The segments should be large enough to be worth going after.
3. Accessible: The segments should also be easy to reach through promotional and distributional efforts.
4. Stable: If target markets change their composition or behavior over time, marketing efforts devised for these targets are less likely to succeed.
5. Responsive: For market segmentation to be meaningful, it is important that the segments respond differently from each other to differentiated marketing mixes.
6. Actionable: Segments are actionable if the marketing mix necessary to address their needs is consistent with the goals and the core competencies of the company.