How was the UN founded?
- January 1942 (Washington): Allied Powers (26 countries) sign the Declaration by the UN.
- October 1943 (Moscow Declaration): US, USSR, UK and China declare the intention to establish a ‘general international organization’ when the war is over.
- November 1943 (Tehran): Churchill, Stalin and Roosevelt: a ‘world family of democratic nations’.
- Dumberton Oaks Conference (August-October 1944): Negotiations among great powers (UK, US, USSR, China)--> Proposal of a General International Organization (9 October 1944)
- Yalta (February 1945): US, UK and USSR agree on voting procedure in the UNSC (veto rights).
- April 1945 (San Francisco Opera House): United Nations
Conference on International Organization